Schools - how we can help you?
"Havering Schools improvement Service has enjoyed a great working partnership with Havering Music School. The expertise and knowledge that the Music School has leads the way with regard to the National Plan for Music Education, and the Model Music Curriculum. They offer termly training, support and resources to primary and secondary schools, along with teaching staff who are equipped to deliver the model music curriculum in all areas. We look forward to continuing the ongoing programme of work and regular articles in the HSIS magazine"
Dave Smith - Havering Schools Improvement Service (HSIS)
We can offer strategic advice and support for music education in all schools
- Strategic support for music education in all schools
- Support for National Curriculum in Music, Model Music Curriculum, National Plan for Music Development Plans
- Advisory support for teachers, resources and recruitment
- Half termly in-service training (INSET) and subject networks
- Opportunities to take part in music projects with our partner organisations – LSO, Wigmore Hall, Conductive Music
- Support for Governors
- Support and advice for resources and teacher recruitment
Instrumental and vocal tuition in schools
- Highly qualified Instrumental/Vocal/DJ teachers
- Ensemble and theory lessons in school/centre
- ABRSM or Trinity Grade Exams
- Discounted Whole Class Instrumental Tuition – Djembe, Samba, DJing, Orchestral instruments
- Small group tuition
- Borough Ensemble sessions
The Discovering Music Group
Havering Music School can provide educational concerts for your school. The concerts are geared to any age and include elements of music as defined in the government's publication The Power of Music to Change Lives, as well as introducing the different families of instruments. Our group of four musicians are in school for an hour and the concerts can be tailored for an hour or two half hour slots.
Havering Music School work with various national cultural organisations
Together with our partners, we work to ensure that all children and young people in Havering have access to a range of high quality music opportunities.
We work with partners to shape creative projects that best fit schools' needs, support the National Curriculum, train and upskill teachers and provide opportunities for young people to work with world-class artists. We have long standing partnerships with the London Symphony Orchestra, Conductive Music and The Wigmore Hall and more recently we have worked alongside the Royal Academy of Music to widen the participation of those engaged with music in the borough.